craft and smes VET-NET | PARTNERS
Hellenic Confederation of Professionals, Craftsmen and Merchants
The Hellenic Confederation of Professionals Craftsmen and Merchants (GSEVEE) is a national social partner representing employers in micro, small and medium enterprises and self- employed professionals in manufacture, trade and service business sectors. It is the largest employer organization in Greece. It incorporates 49 local and 28 sectoral federations, with 1,100 participating unions, and about 140.000 registered individual entrepreneurs.
IME GSEVEE, as the Research Institute of GSEVEE, has a great experience in a) planning and implementing life Long Learning and counselling programmes, b) conducting studies on several SMEs-targeted issues, such as entrepreneurship, innovation and clustering, social dialogue, labour market, needs’ identification etc.
IME GSEVEE is:
• Board member of the “National Organization for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance” (EOPPEP) that is the national body for the configuration of the NQF (Hellenic Qualifications Framework) and its connection to the EQF.
• Member of the National Committee for Lifelong Learning for referencing the Hellenic Qualifications Framework to the EQF (European Qualifications Framework).
Moreover, another main activity of IME GSEVEE is the study on “skills needs analysis and evaluation”. It holds a successful track record in managing collaborative research projects on skills-related issues and effectively communicating research outputs as well as collaborating with national and European authorities.
More specific, IME GSEVEE has a critical role as stakeholder on the skills needs diagnosis issues at national and European level, involved as:
1) Member of National Coordinating Committee of the Labour Market Diagnosis System (according to article 85, Law 4368, February 21, 2016).
2) Member of the Operational Network of the Labour Market Diagnosis System (according to article 85, Law 4368, February 21, 2016).
3) Member of the Greek National Steering Committee (officially appointed and announced as part of the No. 7808/157/ 21.02.2017 decision of the Directorate of Employment of the Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Social Welfare) –Cedefop’s thematic program ‘Governance of EU skills anticipation and matching systems: in-depth country reviews - Greece’.
4) Deputy member of the Administrative Council of the National Institute of Labour and Human Resources (NILHR), organization responsible for the scientific coordination of the Labour Market Diagnosis System.