craft and smes VET-NET | PROJECT ACTIVITIES
Open European WORKSHOP
“The future challenges for European Continuing vocational education and training after COVID 19”
November 10-11th 2020
Piazza Mariano Armellini 9/a, Rome, Italy
Open European Workshop
The Open European Workshop will be a hybrid event both on line (as webinar) and on presence. It falls within the European training initiative and the vocational skills week (https://ec.europa.eu/social/vocational-skills-week/latest_en) which takes place during 09-13 November 2020.
Open Workshop Presentation
The COVID-19 pandemic crisis represents indeed a challenging time, for Craft and SME enterprises. The new crisis that emerged, besides its own short term economic and social consequences, creates new structural order and unavoidably will transform crafts and SMEs needs, innovation processes, and digitalization of enterprises: smart working, virtual conferencing, e-learning: and the answers to the challenging situation are digital.
It is widely acknowledged that C-VET rules in many European countries are still bounded by regional or national regulations that don’t appropriate effectively the potential of digitalization or e-learning possibilities and in VET courses as a means to enhance innovation and smooth digital transition. The moment seems fertile for open discussion with institutional stakeholders to make the digitalization of C-VET a permanent process for European CRAFT and SMEs
While pandemic crisis had a strong impact on the economy and way of life, there are now more rooms for regions and political stakeholders that they could reason about how to amend these regulations.
For this reason, C-VET providers and networks are called to answer to the Craft and SMEs needs and the incoming request of technologies and innovative didactical models to upskill or reskill, in the most efficient way, employees of companies that need to reposition themselves into a different social environment and market.
From another point of view, now more than ever, VET providers need to find a common European answer in order to foster the exchange of good practices and experiences in digital learning and find a common ground to propose innovations to regional, national and European stakeholders.
That is: open workshop’s objectives will be to develop a coherent strategy towards the effective transition of SMEs and crafts in new digital era, which encompasses additional environmental and health considerations, while at the same time to establish a network of cooperation between national and European counterparts which will provide useful insights and recommendations for the promotion of a common and diversified VET policy, based on SMEs needs in line with economy’s and society’s prerogatives.
Open workshop’s objectives will be:
- Share competent cross-sector models and VET excellence practices/models for crafts and SMEs
- Develop a coherent strategy towards the effective transition of SMEs and crafts in new digital and ecological business environment, which encompasses additional environmental and health considerations (e.g. pandemic Covid-19 challenges)
- Establish a network of cooperation and platform of instruments between national and European counterparts – provide useful insights and recommendations for the promotion of a common and diversified VET policy, based on SMEs needs in line with economy’s and society’s prerogatives.
The target groups for the conference is composed of Craft and SME training bodies offering in adult education, continuous VET national providers, EU and national institutions which formulate and implement VET policies, institutional stakeholders as well as research institutes, universities and technological bodies and apprenticeship centres.
A list of participants from European organizations, SME associations, unions, research institutes, VET training centres are expected to attend and present their work and experience on the field on VET policies and digital transition.
Open European Workshop Topics
First Day: New challenges of VET models for crafts and SMEs after Covid19 era
Tuesday, November 10th, 2020 (14.15 -19.00)
Welcome open introduction
EU Commission Representative
EU Parliament Representative
- Session 1: New SMEs needs in digital learning: experiences, models, technologies, and competencies for Continuous VET
- Session 2: Comparative experiences in the EU on the digitalization practices for Continuous VET
- Session 3: The skills of the future for SMEs C-VET Trainees
Second day: Institutional and social partners’ response towards the new challenges on C-VET policies
Wednesday, November 11th, 2020 (09.30-13.00)
- Session 4: C-VET, apprenticeship for crafts after COVID 19 and digital transition response A discussion with institutional stakeholders
- Session 5: The role of EU social partners and European organizations/ CSOs in an inclusive transition period
- Session 6: A community of practice for VET organizations: Presentation of the Project Craft and SMEs VET Net